Does your athlete need a little encouragement? Want to create a sports themed gallery wall? These 6 Inspirational Printables for Sports Families are just the ticket! They are free to download and could be exactly what your kids need to keep them focused.
I love words. I am a creative writer at heart. A love of the written language was one of the reasons I started blogging at Shaken Together all those years ago (stick with me sports families… I’m going somewhere with this!). In my life, there have been times that words have been just what the doctor ordered. Words can shift my perspective, provoke an attitude adjustment and motivate me to make a change. Maybe it is that one sentence or a thought that really hits you in the gut and speaks to you. A phrase or mantra that may have helped you make it through a rough patch. Or just the chorus of a song that gives you a little boost to make it to the end of the day. Words matter.
As the mother of two teenage athletes, I am always looking for ways to support them:
- Attending sporting events
- Cheering from the sidelines (probably a little too loud, ha ha!)
- Investing both time and money for extra training and opportunities for them to hone their skills
- Encouraging them on the days when they felt their performance was a little lackluster
- Keeping a freshly washed supply of uniforms and practice clothes 😉
Now, I crowd sourced my Facebook friends for some of their favorite inspirational sports-focused quotes and boy, did they deliver! If you are a sports family, print a few of these quotes to motivate and inspire your athlete!
One quote that I use with my boys all the time: Talent is a gift. Character is a choice.
I am so proud of the talent that they have developed. However, their character, manners, behavior when I’m not watching, and kind treatment of others are so much more important.
And I really love this one:
It reminds me of the famous statement from Jim Valvano’s 1993 ESPY speech: Don’t give up. Don’t ever give up. Hopefully my boys will always value perseverance, stick-to-itive-ness and dogged determination!
You can download one or all of these printables. Just click on the link below to print/save your favorites!
- I don’t do average. I do Awesome.
- Kurt Warner Quote
- Win some. Learn some.
- Walt Disney Quote
- Talent is a gift. Character is a choice.
- Derek Jeter Quote
A few notes about these Inspirational Printables for Sports Families:
- These are for personal use only. No commercial use or resale.
- The printables are sized for 8 1/2 x 11 printing, but you can resize them for smaller frames, lunch box notes, etc. by downloading them and inserting them into a document.
- If you print and display in your space or share one of these quotes on social media, please tag Modern Sports Mom and Shaken Together so we can see how you how use them in your home!
Do you have a favorite inspirational quote? A family mantra? A sentiment that motivates you every single time? Leave it in the comments for the Modern Sports Mom community!
Hope the rest of your month is a home run, touch down, point, match, gooooooaaaaaal!!
Barbara is the mom behind the blog. She began writing in 2012 as the creator of Hello Life, a craft & lifestyle blog. As life evolved, and her kids became more involved in sports, she aimed to create a site that would resonate with moms like her, and in 2017 Modern Sports Mom was born. Like many of today’s mamas, she loves being creative, cooking, and fashion, and when there are a few minutes to spare, a good book. A baseball and football mom, she is fueled by her strong faith, dedication to her family, and coffee. Lots and lots of coffee! Barbara lives in California with her husband, kids, dog, and cat.