Is LES MILLS On Demand Right For You?
Being a sports mom can be exhausting (I know, preaching to the choir). I have listed all sorts of very valid reasons in years past as to why I can’t consistently exercise, eat right, sleep more, etc. A few months ago after a little soul searching, I decided to stop the excuses, and jump on the self care train. “Self Care” is not just a buzz term, it’s an important component to living well. I took up jogging, eating better, and working out at home using LES MILLS On Demand.
I started running because I wanted to do something that I never felt that I could do before. Also, because I am so limited on time, and my schedule is kind of all over the place, I wanted an activity that could be done anytime, anywhere. This is one of the things that made me so intrigued by LES MILLS On Demand.
LES MILLS On Demand is a site where you can get access to 800+ group fitness classes. Jump on and stream it anywhere, On Demand, of course. Even at the practice fields, workout while your child is at practice.
Today, I want to provide you with a review on LES MILLS On Demand, and will also share a link so you can try the service for 21 days for FREE.
That’s right, a free 3 week trial!
Perhaps you’re familiar with the name LES MILLS. I have taken classes at the gym called LES MILLS’ BODYPUMP. In fact for years it was one of my faves! It worked every inch of body. I know this because I felt literally every inch of body–ache, the next day. A good ache, of course! So to hear that LES MILLS has an online On Demand service was very exciting for me!
I hadn’t done a LES MILLS class is a long while so when I was given the opportunity to write a review, I was excited!
First, I will let you know that while LES MILLS On Demand did provide me with the service for free, this post is not sponsored. This is an honest opinion of their service, as told to you by me, a non instructor, just a regular mom, like you.
What Exactly Is LES MILLS On Demand?
LES MILLS is website where you get unlimited access to 800+ high-energy, effective workouts anytime, anywhere. They offer workouts that can fit your lifestyle. If you can’t make it to the gym, if you’re traveling, or even if you just can’t squeeze a workout class until well after the kids have gone to bed, LES MILLS On Demand can be the solution. They offer 13 exercise programs, 15 to 55-minute workouts, from beginners to advanced training, with new workouts each week.
LES MILLS On Demand is accessible on iOS and Android devices on up to 3 devices at any time.
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost is just $14.99 per month, or $164 per year, payable only after the free trial is over. Personally, I find it to be quite inexpensive compared to most gyms. The offering of classes alone is well worth the cost, if you ask me. Another big plus is not having to leave my home, or find a sitter.
Here is a short list of the programs offered on LES MILLS On Demand:
- BODYPUMP – strength training
- BODYCOMBAT – martial arts
- LES MILLS GRIT – high intensity interval training (HIIT)
- BODYFLOW – Yoga
- CXWORX – core conditioning
- LES MILLS SPRINT – HIIT cycling
- BORN TO MOVE – for KIDS!
- RPM – indoor cycling
- BODYATTACK – sports conditioning
- BODYSTEP – step aerobics
- SH’BAM – dance fitness
- LES MILLS BARRE – ballet inspired training
LES MILLS ON DEMAND HONEST REVIEW
Taking up jogging several months back was quite a challenge for me, but now that I’ve gotten into my rhythm, I have to admit that I kinda love it! I am trying to jog 4-5 days per week, usually 30-50 minutes at a time. So I didn’t go into the LES MILLS On Demand program as a complete novice to exercise. I was in decent shape, but that didn’t make the workouts necessarily easier. The moves are different, some were complicated, others not as much.
Because I was already getting some good cardio in with my runs, I stuck to just 2 workouts per week, BODYCOMBAT, and LES MILLS BARRE.
Things I like About LES MILLS On Demand
- ACCESSIBILITY: I love that I can just grab my tablet, laptop, or even my phone and have access to a class. Anywhere I go, I am able to bring up my favorite workout class and start sweating. No gym required. It’s ‘come as you are’, and that really motivates me.
- VARIETY: There are literally hundreds of classes to choose from. I can promise you that I did not make it through all of the options. I just don’t have the amount of time required to do that! I stuck to BODYCOMBAT and BARRE because I was getting a good amount of cardio through my running. But if cardio is what you crave, then choose more aerobic intense classes such as cycling, BODYSTEP, LES MILLS GRIT, or SH’BAM, and many more.
- SHORTER CLASSES AVAILABLE: With so much going on in our mama lives, flexibility is key. There are shorter classes for those on a compromised agenda. There is something for everyone.
- GREAT INSTRUCTORS: LES MILLS On Demand workouts are presented by certified instructors. Classes are taught by LES MILLS Program Directors, they are also tasked to teach LES MILLS instructors around the world on how to present the workouts. So you know you’re getting the best of the best, top notch instruction.
- SUBSCRIBE ONCE, GET ACCESS TO ALL: When you sign up for LES MILLS On Demand, you immediately gain access to every single workout they offer. There are also tutorial type videos to show you how to properly do the moves, to make sure you get the most of your workout, every time.
- RECOMMENDED SCHEDULES: If you are new to exercising, or just new to LES MILLS, there is plenty of guidance. LES MILLS ON DEMAND offers 7 schedules ranging from 3 weeks to 12 weeks. Take a class at random, or choose the schedule that’s right for you. Either way, you’ll be on your way to reaching your fitness goals!
- COMMUNITY: LES MILLS On Demand has a huge online community. There is a Facebook Group where you can meet like minded individuals, ask questions and create your own tribe. Getting the right amount of support when starting a new routine is imperative. As an introvert, I find it comforting to know that there is a community of people out there with similar goals.
- AFFORDABILITY: at $14.99 (or 3 lattes) a month, it’s really quite doable for most.
Things I Don’t Like About LES MILLS On Demand
Some of the programs require equipment. For example, the BODYPUMP classes suggest using their SMARTBAR™ set (sold on the website), which is an adjustable weight set. The easy work around is to use dumbbells, which is what I have found to work best for me.
I am used to DVD’s where the instructor is talking to the camera (or me), oftentimes I forget there are other people behind them. With LES MILLS, the instructor(s) is addressing his/her class, that is live in the studio, not directing their attention to the camera (or me). I felt like I was on the outside looking in, which is not necessarily a bad thing, just different. After using the program a couple of times, I became accustomed to it, and didn’t even notice anymore.
I kinda love it. With so many class options to choose from, from cardio, to martial arts, to strength training, to barre, to classes for kids, there really is something for everyone. I appreciate the guidance and community support, and that there are new classes added every month.
Lately I’ve been trying to convince my 11 year old son to start the BORN TO MOVE program, so we can workout together. I’ll let you know how that goes!
AND NOW FOR THE FREE TRIAL
Regardless of what your exercise goals may be, I am convinced that LES MILLS On Demand can help you reach them.
Trying LES MILLS just got easier. The folks at LES MILLS have generously extended the trial period for readers of Modern Sports Mom to 3 full weeks. This means:
Readers of Modern Sports Mom get UNLIMITED ACCESS OF LES MILLS ON DEMAND FOR 3 WEEKS, FREE!
Be sure to sign up for LES MILLS On Demand using the Link above, to get your FREE 21 DAY TRIAL.
I’ve done the research for you, signing up directly on their site will only get you a free 10 day trial.
21>10, right? RIGHT!
It’s been said that it takes 21 days to cultivate life changing habits. In my opinion 10 days is not nearly enough to know if you are able and willing to stick with a new fitness program.
So there you have it friends, my full and honest review on LES MILLS On Demand. I hope this provides you with enough information to decide if it’s right for you!
How do you ‘self care’? Have you tried LES MILLS On Demand? What do you think about it?
Related Articles About Working Out & Living Healthy
5 Ways to Exercise During Your Kid’s Practice
SkinCare for Women Who Workout
Living a Vegan Lifestyle
Les Mills On Demand Review
Barbara is the mom behind the blog. She began writing in 2012 as the creator of Hello Life, a craft & lifestyle blog. As life evolved, and her kids became more involved in sports, she aimed to create a site that would resonate with moms like her, and in 2017 Modern Sports Mom was born. Like many of today’s mamas, she loves being creative, cooking, and fashion, and when there are a few minutes to spare, a good book. A baseball and football mom, she is fueled by her strong faith, dedication to her family, and coffee. Lots and lots of coffee! Barbara lives in California with her husband, kids, dog, and cat.